Friday, April 17, 2009

Peace by Natalie B.


Powerful images help to reveal the comfort of peace. Thank you, Natalie, for this beautiful poem.  You really emphasize the power of peace with your structure.  
Natalie B.
Peace


Withered and wasted
after these miles I have ambled,
Step after step
my feet
they do grow weary,
This sand
a scorching bed of coals
paves the path in all directions,
This sun
a raging fireball
hangs just above my head,
The time is soon approaching
when my body finds it hopeless
to continue on like this,
This heat will only grieve me
so I crumple in distress.

A
drop
of
water
hits
my
skin,
With many more to follow,
They come to bring me back to life
and wash my bloody feet,
Kind and soft
these beads they kiss my face,
Sweat and tears are gone
I am left with the purest rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment