Friday, March 27, 2009

5th period Coping Poems

Coping
The beautiful fall days
Remind me of the
pain
Where my heart is
alone
an awful sick feeling
in my stomach questions
my reason for existence
extinguishing
the joy of life
Routine and sleep
help me to cope
friends say they’re
here to help the
torturous
memories will never pass.

~Kristina H.

Coping

2 more months of tapping fingers
36 days of biting nails
123 classes of twirling pencils
147 hours of fidgeting
8790 minutes of daydreaming
527,400 seconds of doodling
then…
Summer

~Ryan S.

Coping

I listen to the Ticking
Ticking of the rhythm of songs that distract me from the Ticking
Ticking of the repetition of the day
Ticking of the time away
Ticking the minutes off
Ticking the hours off
Ticking days off
Ticking me of

~Brandon J.

No comments:

Post a Comment