Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Be Amazed



What do you find amazing?  Send in your posting to share.  What needs to be solved?

One of my favorite shows as a little girl was the Flinstone's.  I loved Pebbles!  I wanted to babysit her.  I was convinced that if I could just crawl through the TV screen that I could play with her.  It never worked; it is a good thing I didn't smash the screen to get her out. (I thought about it.) 

I remember watching a few James Bond movies, 007.  The only part I remember from any of the movies is that he could talk on a phone in his car.  It was beyond belief that someone could talk on a phone outside of a kitchen!   I have a picture of me (a really bad photo-perm and all) sitting on the floor of our kitchen talking to my boyfriend.  Why was I on the floor of my kitchen?  Because the phone was connected to a cord and the cord could only reach to the middle of the kitchen.  There was no way to imagine that a phone could be so small; so ubiquitous; so universal.  But it has happened...and more.

Remember the chapel we had with David Batsone, Emily's uncle?  He encouraged us to be CURIOUS!  What are you curious about?  Imagine something amazing could come true in your lifetime and you could make it happen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment